jueves, 15 de septiembre de 2011

I lose a Math test and contest but not the skills


I am a scientific person because I have many skills with numbers. I understand faster than my classmates the math, Physics and computer class. Since I was in eight grade I have great skills for the scientific classes and my classmates asked me to explain them some physics or mathematical operations. The teachers have seen my skills for the scientific classes and they had given my exonerations for the exams of the fourth bimester. In my physics and math exams, I usually get ninety or higher but sometimes I get an eighty or eighty five on the exam or assignment.
In eight grade, I participate on the Cultural Week of the school and won the first place at Math. I was so happy that I got a diploma and a medal.  My math teacher saw that I had skills and great abilities for math.  She asked me and some friends if we could stay after school for math classes to have math lessons for a contest in USAC (Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala) and a math contest in Capouilliez School and most of us accepted.  We started staying after school.
In the contest of USAC, none of us won but in the math contest of Capouilliez School, I won the third place. I left the Capouilliez School after the competition so I was not there when the judges of the contest gave the diplomas and medals to the winners. Ariela told me in the afternoon that I won but I did not believe her because I did not stay for the awards. The next day, Miss Ingrid called me to give me my diploma and medal of the math competition and she told me that she was going to take a photo of the students that won any place at any area of the Capouilliez   School´ competitions. She took the photos of us.
I was so happy that in my first year of competing in math in another school, I won the third place. It was a new experience for me. I am the only one that went to the USAC and to the Capouilliez competitions. My friends did not like that I was the only one that went to both competitions because Miss Alejandra said at the first lesson after school that each one of us could just got to one of the two competitions. I got extras points at math by going to the competitions but the points did not help me because my final grade was a hundred.
On the final bimester of eight grade, I got more than a hundred in math but my grade sheet has a hundred. In my freshmen year, I won first place on math and physics on the Cultural Week of my school but I was so happy because in those two classes I usually get good grades on the quizzes and tests. In my sophomore year, I also won the first place on math and physics in the Cultural Week of my school and I was happy of winning both first places on the same year. This year which is my junior year, I only got first place on physics and I was surprised of winning it because the test for the contest, I did it without trying to get an excellent grade. I also did my math test but I did it as I was doing a normal test. If I won the math contest, I was going to be surprised.
I got sixty five on my math test for the contest and I got to know my grade because I asked Miss Mary for my grade when she was checking the tests. I felt horrible of getting that grade on my math test because on the test of the bimester I usually get a hundred or higher than ninety. On the day of the awards for all the classes, I was just called for physics and after the awards when my classmates got to the class, Leslie asked me why did not I get an award in math. I told her because I did the test without trying to get an hundred and I did not put all my effort on it. I still get great grades on the tests that Miss Mary gives to all my classmates.  Everything happens for a reason. I will always have skills and abilities for math even though I fail a test and did not get an award on a contest of my school.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario